Polyflora honey is the most popular and searched honey, collected by multiple field and mountain flowering species. This type of honey is highly appreciated for its rich flavor profile, nutritional and medicinal qualities as well as higher content of minerals compared to most monofloral honeys. The darker the color of the honey, the more natural pigments it contains which is the cause of a stronger antioxidant action. Rich in different pollen types and varied nutritional profile, polyflora honey contribute a stronger immune system and better health. Each nectar in its composition brings elements with a unique therapeutic action, making polyflora honey delicious and healthier option.
Polyflora honey is the most popular and common honey and, at the same time, the rarest. Because it is composed of field and mountain species blossoming at a particular period of time in a specific place, it is essentially impossible to reproduce it exactly every next year. This type of honey is highly appreciated for its rich flavor profile, nutritional and medicinal qualities as well as higher content of minerals compared to most monofloral honeys. The darker the color of the honey, the more natural pigments it contains which is the cause of a stronger antioxidant action. Rich in different pollen types and varied nutritional profile, polyflora honey contribute a better health and each nectar in its composition brings elements with a unique therapeutic action.
Aroma: vary based on the nectar source
Color: unique appearance depending on different nectars, medium or darker amber, brown-reddish reflection
Taste: varied floral due to the diversity of flower nectar
Texture: very fast crystallization into fine crystals
Honey Properties & Benefits
- Immune-boosting action. The abundance of different pollen types in honey stimulates immune system organs to produce white blood cells and to respond better to infections and diseases by increasing content of vitamin C, antibiotics and antioxidants. Polyflora honeys provide a wide range of nutrients, minerals, amino acids, enzymes etc., reducing fatigue and raising energy levels.
- Natural remedy for colds and respiratory infections. Honey can reduce bacteria numbers due its natural antiseptic, antibacterial and antibiotic properties. Combined with its immune-boosting action, polyflora honey is great for treatment of respiratory infections. It is also helps calm cough and soothe sore throat and is great added to tea, but don’t forget to let the tea cool down to room temperature, because the heat destroys all beneficial properties of honey.
- Beneficial for stomach upset and gastritis. The natural sugars in polyflora honey have prebiotic properties, that regulate digestion. Due this action raw honey relieves irritation of the stomach lining, improves gastritis and calms stomach upset.
- Good for wound treatment and skin problems. Polyflora honey contains hydrogen peroxide – a strong antiseptic element. Combined with low moisture, acidic pH, natural sugars and other beneficial characteristics, polyflora honey is a great natural remedy that healing wounds and used as a face mask nourishes the skin, gives it a natural glow and reduces acne.
- Richer in antioxidants. Many natural pigments exerts antioxidant effects. Each antioxidant contributes significantly to the antioxidant capacity of honey, but they act synergistically. So, the darker the color of honey, the more pigments it contains and the stronger is its antioxidative power. Antioxidant activity is linked to the prevention of many chronic and age dependent pathological conditions like cancer, diabetes, atherosclerosis, cataract and other chronic pathological conditions. Antioxidant properties of honey act as an antidepressant during high emotional, physical and intellectual stress.