Linden honey is one of the most valuable and best varieties of honey. Except for the excellent taste and unique flavor, linden honey has many health benefits. The natural sugars in the honey have a prebiotic effect, feeding the good bacteria in the digestive system. Linden honey is a natural tonic, raising energy levels and improving the immune system.The viscous consistency of the honey allows it stick to the throat lining and this ability, along with its antibacterial properties, make linden honey an excellent remedy for a sore throat and cough. The raw organic honey is extremely useful for injuries and eye diseases.
Obtained from the blossoms of Linden trees, Linden honey is one of the most valuable and best varieties of honey that has been enjoyed for thousands of years. The ambrosial aroma of the tiny yellow-white flowers draws bees from miles around because of the generous amounts of nectar produced by these drooping clusters of flowers. Nectar flows in late spring to early summer and in warm humid weather flows strongest. This nectar is fine food for bees and the result is high-quality monofloral honey. Except the excellent taste and unique aroma, linden honey has many health benefits, it is a natural tonic, raising energy levels and improving immune system.
Aroma: floral with a strong spicy and intense component
Color: pale yellow or light amber with greenish reflexes
Taste: sweet with a touch of bitterness and light astringency
Texture: medium to fast crystallization in fine to medium sized crystals
Honey Properties & Benefits
- Energizing and vitalizing effect. The natural sugars and other nutrients found in linden honey restore and rise energy levels quickly, improve appetite and mood. All these components, vitamins, minerals and amino acids make linden honey very healthy.
- Great for eye diseases. The raw organic honey is extremely useful for eye diseases. The healing effect of honey is explained by its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. All computer users should eat linden honey because it contains beneficial to the retina substances.
- Good for cough, sore throat and colds. The viscous consistency of the honey allows it stick to the throat lining and this ability, along with its antibacterial properties, makes linden honey an excellent remedy for sore throat and cough. Its mildly astringent properties may help get rid of phlegm in throat. Due to its anti-bacterial properties linden honey is a good prophylactic against acute respiratory disease.
- Soothing action on the stomach. The natural sugars in the honey have prebiotic effect, feeding the good bacteria in digestive system. Linden honey has a calming action on the stomach because of its antibacterial properties and other characteristics as thick consistency and low moisture.
- Good for skin care. Used as a face mask, linden honey softens skin and makes it look radiant, with a beautiful glow. Honey’s properties can help calm irritation and redness, unclogs pores and reduce blackheads and acne breakouts.
- Liver and gallbladder disorders. Linden flowers are used in preparations for liver health and in addition to what flowers do, the bees’ enzymes turn the linden honey into pure medicine. The honey contributing to good liver function by encouraging the release of bile.
- Normalizes metabolism. Honey is packed with amino acids and valuable vitamins and minerals, many of which benefit the body’s metabolism. By regulating the function of the metabolism, food is utilized properly and fat is converted into usable energy. Honey has diuretic and laxative effects which makes it good in detoxification as well.