Lavender honey is a wonderful taste experience with a delicate fragrance. It is an unique variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes and amino acids. This impressive composition makes lavender honey an excellent energizing food with antibacterial action, beneficial on health, great for skin care. Lavender honey contains the primary amino acid in our body – tyrosine. This makes it very useful for treat depression, anxiety, and chronic fatigue. Furthermore, this type of honey is a fine delicacy spreadable on toast, biscuits, pancakes, waffles – a pleasure at breakfast to relax you and promote a perfect day.
Lavender honey is a wonderful taste experience with delicate fragrance. It is an unique variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes and amino acids. The genuine honey is made from the nectar of the lavender – wild bushes with beautiful blue, violet or purple blossoms, growing near the hives in July and August. Bees absolutely love it! For beekeepers and honey-lovers the resulting gift of the bees’ love of lavender is a sweet one: gourmet goodie perfect pairing two things we like – lavender and honey. This type of honey is a fine delicacy spreadable on toast, biscuits, pancakes, waffles – a pleasure at breakfast to relax you and promote a perfect day.
Aroma: lightly intense with a delicate floral scent of lavender
Color: clear amber, with reddish shades
Taste: medium sweetness with floral notes, sometimes with a citrus-earthy aftertaste
Texture: slow crystallization starting at the bottom and rising in the form
Honey Properties & Benefits
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Antiseptic and antibacterial effect of honey is due to its content of hydrogen peroxide, that occurs naturally by interaction between glucose and an enzyme, secreted by bees. Lavender honey not just inhibits bacterial growth, but also destroys pathogenic bacteria.
- Reduces depression. Lavender honey contains the primary amino acid of our body – tyrosine. This makes it very useful for treat depression, anxiety and chronic fatigue.
- Relieves tension and pain. Some biologically active compounds of the lavender are transferred to the honey through nectar and thus give it effects similar to those of other lavender preparations – antispasmodic effects, reduce nervous tension, induce relaxation and calmness.
Antifungal properties. Lavender honey contains compounds responsible for its antifungal properties. The honey inhibits the growth and spread of the fungi naturally and affective.
- Great for skin health. Due of its antibacterial and soothing action, lavender honey is very beneficial for skin, reducing acne breakouts, calming redness and irritation, giving the skin a natural glow and radiance.
- Useful for respiratory infections, cough and colds. The antibacterial action of lavender honey helps reduce bacteria load, contributing to stoping the evolution of respiratory tract infection such as cold, flu and etc.
- High antioxidant properties. In lavender honey are found in large amounts flavonoids and phenol compounds: naringenin and luteolin, high levels of gallic acid and caffeic acid.The gallic acid has the ability to kill cancer cells without harming the healthy ones.