Acacia honey is considered one of the best tipe of honey. The natural product is with wonderful medicinal action, antiseptic, antioxidant properties and energizing effect. Acacia honey has a low pollen content that makes it the least allergenic honey, the most suitable for small children. Its slightly floral flavor and mildly sweet doesn’t alter the taste of beverages it is added to. If the diabetics have to choose one type of honey instead of sugar, they should opt for acacia honey, because of the lower GI. Acacia honey is very easily absorbed by the body and eating high-quality organic honey regularly is an extremely healthy habit.
Acacia honey is obtained from the False Acacia or Black Locust tree (Robinia pseudoacacia). The tree blossoms in May to June. Although it is considered one of the main honey plants, the black locust does not always produce a crop of honey. Nectar flow is very dependent on local weather conditions and some years the flowers yield little or no nectar at all. Even when the flow is good, the flowering period is short – about ten days. During this time bees are drawn to the highly aromatic and wonderfully sweet smell of the ample drooping clusters of white blossoms, filled with nectar. They are returning throughout the day during the blossoming time. Our acacia honey comes from the nectar of these beautiful blossoms!
Aroma: slightly floral, fresh
Color: very clear, almost transparent white or pale yellow
Taste: mildly sweet, fine
Texture: very slow crystallization into fine crystals
Honey Properties & Benefits
- Least allergic reaction. Acacia honey has a low pollen content that makes it the least allergenic honey, the most suitable for small children.
- Suitable for people suffering from diabetes. If the diabetics have to choose one type of honey instead of sugar, they should opt for acacia honey, because of the lower glycemic index.
- Blood pressure normalization. Consumed regularly, acacia honey increases the hemoglobin level leading to normalization of blood pressure and blood composition balance.
- Strong antiseptic effect. Acacia honey contains a high level of a powerful natural disinfectant – hydrogen peroxide, synthesized from glucose with the help of enzymes, produced by bees and pollen. Because of the low pH, this type of honey is very acidic, that inhibits the growth of bacteria. All these properties cause the acacia honey to be used in the treatment of respiratory infections, eczema, sores, oral cavity diseases, skin problems etc.
- Antioxidant and anticancer effect. Raw, unprocessed acacia honey contains antioxidants with inhibitory and anti-proliferative properties and their action can help reduce the risk of some types of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- Calming effect. Acacia honey improves sleep and is also beneficial upon stress, depression symptoms, mental disorders and nervous tension.
- Energizing effect. Acacia honey is very easily absorbed by the body and is a great energizing food, giving a lot of physical energy and exerting tonic properties. Eating high-quality organic honey regularly is an extremely healthy habit.